Air Conditioner and Cooling Load Calculator
Cooling Load Calculator
Through-the-wall, room air conditioners provide a practical, cost-effective method of cooling your A-WALL in-plant building. They install quickly into factory prepared wall panel openings and move with the building when your needs change. Multiple through-the-wall units can be used to cool larger buildings and offer an additional advantage… Redundancy. If one of the A/C units fails, the other still provides some cooling until the problem is resolved.
Instructions for using the A/C calculator
- Chose your geographic location on the map and select the button next to the corresponding zone.
- Enter the nominal length and width of your A-WALL building in the appropriate boxes below the map.
- Enter the number of people who will occupy your A-WALL building.
- Enter the amount of additional heat load that equipment will generate inside of your A-WALL building, stated in BTU/hr. Computers and typical office equipment do not need to be considered unless disproportionate to the size of the building.
- Submit your data by selecting “CALCULATE” to display the A/C cooling capacity required*.
For best results, a room air conditioning unit or units with the cooling capacity rating close to that shown above should be selected. A smaller capacity unit operating continuously will contribute more to comfort than a larger unit operating intermittently.